As a member of Illustratörcentrum you have access to:
- Portfolio on our website, to get searchable for clients (70 000 visitors every year)
- Participate in our annual catalogue Swedish Illustrators & Graphic Designers (which is sent to 2 500 different clients, and distributed at fairs and events)
- Inspirational courses, workshops and lectures
- Networks, events and fairs
A membership costs 500 sek/year, if you are also a member of the Association of Swedish Illustrators and Graphic Designers the annual fee is 300 sek/year.
All applications are considered individually by an elected committee which meets four times a year. The assessment is based on samples of your work: they must prove that you are a visual-communication professional (illustration, graphic design and/or animation). See information below on submitting samples. If you’ve completed a relevant degree you automatically qualify: read more below about approved institutions. Fill out your application and submit it digitally along with the work samples.
Samples of Work
Applications are assessed on the basis of samples of your work. These are to consist of:
- Send 5 samples of your work with your application. Samples of work must be for paid, published commissions, for at least 3 different clients. The samples must have been commissioned within the last three years.
- It should be clear that you are the creator of the work and fees have been paid for the commissions; indicated, for example, by copies of invoices, agreements and payments.
- Completed university degrees in illustration, graphic design and animation lead to direct qualification. To apply after the completion of your degree, send in your graduation certificate.
A Completed University-level Degree in Illustration, Graphic Design or Animation Qualifies You Directly.
Degrees that make you eligible for direct membership after graduation include those from University College of Arts, Crafts and Design (Konstfack), HDK, Beckmans College of Design, Berghs School of Communication, Forsbergs, Brobygrafiska, Mälardalen University’s Education in Information Design, the serial and pictorial story-telling program at the University of Gävle, and Animated Film at the Stockholm Academy of Dramatic Arts. Equivalent degrees from abroad are also eligible.
If you are uncertain as to whether your education qualifies you for membership, please contact us. To apply after the completion of your degree, send in your graduation certificate.