What is your name and how would you briefly describe what you do?
My name is Malin Erixon and I work as an illustrator, animator and director. I am educated at Konstfack, at Forsbergs School of Design and at Berghs School of Communication. I mainly work with my own film productions, but also with the occational contracted job.
My films have been screened at film festivals all over the world, including the Sundance Film Festival, Ottawa Animation Festival, Hiroshima Animation Festival and Stockholm Film Festival. They have also found their way into arenas like Studion at the Modern Museum of Art in Stockholm and Liljevalchs Spring Salon and have received several recognitions and awards. In 2015, my film "But You Are a Dog" was nominated for a Swedish Film Academy award, a Guldbagge.
What are you working with right now?
"The Spyglass", an animated short film. www.ganzanderes.com/thespyglass
Have you received any awards or prizes? (Selection)
• HONORARY MENTION at Tempo Documentary Festival 2020
• NOMINATION: GULDBAGGE AWARD (Swedish Film Academy) for Best Short Film 2014
• NOMINATION: 1 KM FILM, Stockholm Film Festival 2014
• NOMINATION: STARTSLADDEN, Göteborg Film Festival 2014
• NOMINATION: BEST SHORT FILM, Sundance Film Festival 2013
• LILJEVALCHS VÅRSALONG 2013, 2015, 2017
• IFESTIVAL AWARD: Stockholm Film Festival 2005, 2012
• AWARD, KOLLA! 2005, 2008, 2014
See all recognitions on: www.ganzanderes.com/awards