What is your name and how would you briefly describe what you do?
My name is Malin Erixon and I work as an illustrator, animator and director. I am educated at Konstfack, at Forsbergs School of Design and at Berghs School of Communication. I work with contracted jobs as well as my own film productions.
My films have been screened at film festivals all over the world, including the Sundance Film Festival, Ottawa Animation Festival, Hiroshima Animation Festival and Stockholm Film Festival. My films have also found their way into arenas like Studion at the Modern Museum of Art in Stockholm and Liljevalchs Spring Salon and have received several recognitions and awards. In 2015, my film "But You Are a Dog" was nominated for the Swedish Film Academy award – a Guldbagge – for Best Short Film 2014.
What are you working with right now?
"THE ASSEMBLY – interviews from the middle of everything", an animated fictional documentary (hybrid) series for SVT. www.ganzanderes.com/theassembly
Have you received any awards or prizes? (Selection)
• NOMINATION: GULDBAGGE AWARD (Swedish Film Academy) for Best Short Film 2014
• NOMINATION: 1 KM FILM, Stockholm Film Festival 2014
• NOMINATION: STARTSLADDEN, Göteborg Film Festival 2014
• NOMINATION: BEST SHORT FILM, Sundance Film Festival 2013
• LILJEVALCHS VÅRSALONG 2013, 2015, 2017
• IFESTIVAL AWARD: Stockholm Film Festival 2005, 2012
• AWARD, KOLLA! 2005, 2008, 2014
See all recognitions on: www.ganzanderes.com/awards